Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Definition of Hip: "Blogging in my Classroom"

The question posed is this: How could one use Blogging effectively in the modern day classroom.

Let's picture the ideal situation, in my classroom there would be a mobile lab two days a week. I could post the "POD" (Problem of the Day) on my Blog and have each student respond with an answer and how they attained their answer, as it would be a math question and for all math questions I like to see how the answer was attained. To hedge off laziness I could even post 5 questions and you know, randomly do people with first names A-F do question 1 and people with first names G-L do question two and so forth and so on.

Also! I could post homework assignments and important notes on there for anyone who either wasn't in class or would like further explanation. This could be a FABULOUS tool for peer-to-peer help if the students logged on and blogged back and forth about how they were getting along, and it could be viewed by all, including me to see the dialog taking place.

Who in their right mind would have thought this could be possible?! I didn't even think it until right now, what a FANTASTIC tool!

I wonder how many adjectives beginning with "F" I can put in all caps and in a single blog? Anyone?

:)

Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments: